Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dear Sarah Michelle Gellar

Oh Sarah Michelle where did you go? I had such high hopes I would see you more often once Buffy was finished but you made some silly movie choices and then you went off and had a baby.
Upon some research though, I discovered your new project. I have to say I'm excited once again. Pablo Coehlo's Veronika Decides to Die was one of my favorite books when I was in college. The story of a jaded, lonely woman who commits suicide and fails, ending up in a mental institution with weeks to live...sold! The exploration of society and depression, relationships that develop within a place where people live in their own reality, what is considered crazy, what is considered sane and the revelations that come to light in the last few weeks of life in a mental institution are all such good themes!
So yes...I hope that in 2010 I get to see you more often. Nevertheless you'll always be golden in my book for 7 amazing years of Buffy. But please, no Scooby Doo 3!
From what I can see here you are on the right track.

2 comments:

. said...

Dude she was simply superb in I Know What You Did Last Summer. It's a shame she didn't make it to the sequel.

Chile Willy said...

haha! i was just talking the other day about how fun all those Scream and I Know What You Did movies were back then.
I have to say my favorite SMG movie was Cruel Intentions.