Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's Personal

I like to think that I'm pretty good at keeping in touch with friends who have moved away. After 6 years in this city I have accrued friends all over the globe. If only there was enough money to pay y'all a visit.
Sometimes though, laziness, procrastination and random life events get in the way of staying close with those who are a mere miles away. On what was otherwise a miserable weekend, (where I gained a new appreciation for jello) I got back in touch with an old friend who is an amazing illustrator. Her work has been featured in several magazines like the Times and Mother Jones.
These are my favorites from her website devondoss.net This lady I have known for years and have always been in awe of her talent and imagination. I'm happy to say I have one of her creations forever tattooed on my forearm. And I'm ready for the next one..but before then a dinner date. There's alot of catching up to do.



No comments: