Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rare Occasions



A new photograph from my new batch of diana pics. Taken from the rooftops of Pittsburgh, during sunset. Part of a recent and much needed vacation. Although this is not the most representative picture and probably not the best of the roll either, it does stand out.
When on vacation, there's often this anticipation and rush of doing everything and trying to get everywhere and see everyone.
The clock is ticking, every day is somewhat of a countdown. Let's go!! What's next? C'mon!
No time to lose.
While I really enjoy that kind of energy and push, this was the one afternoon that was different, where nothing but that moment mattered. There wasn't a time limit, a deadline, no sense of urgency for anything.
That sea of calm also washed away other things, if only for just for a little bit, for a tiny moment in time. Frustrations, troubles, anxieties, disappointments, demons...all the baggage and day to day bullshit where gone.
I was a shiny new rock, swept clean by the sea. All the moss on my back was taken away.
It's hard to put in words... but there was this feeling of contentment and joy. Of feeling like I was exactly in the place I was supposed to be. Of being grateful for the rocky road that had taken me to where I was.
It's a checkpoint. A very specific checkpoint. What lies beyond this place doesn't matter because there's this sense that it's all going to work out.
A profound, yet fleeting feeling...
I was hoping to be a bit more eloquent to describe what this is like. Maybe next go around.






No comments: