Sunday, February 8, 2009

riding down the coast




Last weekend I went for a ride...on a harley. I've ridden around on bikes before, years ago, but I don't recall ever riding on a harley. Needless to say it was one of the funnest days ever. We sped down the coast, taking the scenic route past Half Moon Bay and then to this biker bar/restaurant in La Honda, called Alice's.
After an hour ride a hearty veggie burger and beer was definitely in order.
Racing through the woods, cold wind against us, I remember the faster we went the more exhilirating it was. Of course I couldn't help but imagine what it would be like to die this way. For the bike to spin out of control and us to crash and hurl through the air at 80 miles per hour. How that would feel. What it would be like to race so fast towards death. I closed my eyes and imagined it as we sped along the concrete road.
Funny thing is this whole scenario wasn't frightening, I wanted to see just how fast we could go before it felt like we were flying through the air...
We did obviously made it safe and sound back to SF and I was left with a numb bum, feeling hardcore and looking forward for the next ride.

No comments: