Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bring on the Drama

The other day friends and I saw this devastatingly beautiful movie, which I recommend. It's based on a novel and called Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro and stars the ever enchanting Carey Mulligan. I'm going to read the book next as it left me wanting to know more.



John Cameron Mitchell, of Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Shortbus fame has a new movie coming out...Rabbit Hole. Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart are parents grieving the loss of their child.



From the director of 21 Grams, Babel and Amores Perros comes Biutiful with Javier Bardem. Alejandro González Iñárritu definitely know how to deliver when it comes to powerful and thought provoking stories.



I have to say I love these films that are often quite yet heart wrenching. Movies that touch on themes of love, life and loss. Ordinary people living through extraordinary circumstances. As perhaps one of those people, I noticed yesterday that when you are in the middle of it, it often times doesn't feel so big as it becomes your day to day. Only when viewed from a distance can you realize the intensity of what happened and go WTF?!
You do get little moments here and there that are very surreal. Life can be many times equal parts beautiful and terrifying at the same time.

No comments: